Saturday 19 April 2014

Grow your Wings

Hello!
Very quick post today sharing a birthday card I made for my gorgeous little cousin. I used the butterfly from Unity's set called Life Becoming. 


How gorgeous is that butterfly stamp?! Think I might be marginally obsessed with it...
Ok,so I stamped the butterfly onto heavy watercolour card,spritzed with various Distress Inks and sprayed that with water and heat set. Then I stamped the image again onto vellum and fussy cut it out. I coloured the underside of the butterfly with alcohol inks and brushed gold dust over the wings. I put some Frantage on the outer part of the card,heat set and glued the body of the vellum butterfly to the body of the other butterfly. 




Lou x

7 comments:

  1. I love this card; so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous butterfly - love the background you created too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This card is so amazing! I am in awe of your attention to detail and how many techniques you used to create this masterpiece! I love the dimension of the butterfly and the ethereal-looking background you created with all of those various inks. It shimmers and shines and has such a great feeling of energy and hope. I especially love the sentiment and the font its in. What a hopeful card and I know your little cousin will love it, too! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, this is STUNNING!! WOW. Love love the colors and the butterfly.

    Thanks for joining us at Unity {be inspired} challenge

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise! Darling, you are amazing. This card is fabulousssss.. I just love the way you take care of the details and color combination. Love this card. Really really love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Louise! Great colours and I love how you distress the edges with embossing powder! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome card! I want to feature your lovely card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. We'll be featuring butterflies next week and your card is outstanding! You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The post featuring your project will credit you & link back to your blog and the Unity stamp set used as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-we all love comments ;-)